Fighting For The Injured And Social Security Recipients

Children Collecting Social Security Through Parents

On Behalf of | Firm News |

Generally, an unmarried child may be able to receive social security benefits on a parent’s earnings record if they are:

  • Under 18; or
  • 18 years or older, unmarried, and disabled before the age of 22; or
  • 19 if they are still in elementary or secondary school.

The parent must be currently receiving social security disability or retirement benefits.

*It is important to note that the above only applies to benefits under Title II Social Security Disability Income claims and not Title XVI Supplemental Security income benefits.

If you have questions regarding social security disability benefits, please contact Meyer, Puklich & Merriam for a free initial consultation at 952-444-9920.  We are conveniently located in the southwest suburb of Eden Prairie near Minneapolis and sever not only the Twin Cities area, but the entire State of Minnesota.